Down’s Syndrome North East endeavors to provide opportunities for its members in the following ways:-
- Providing contact with other parents of children with Down’s Syndrome. We have a variety of groups who meet in all areas of the North East – please get in touch and we can let you know the one nearest to you.
- Offering subsidised leisure and activity breaks.
- Supporting adults with Down’s Syndrome enabling them to enjoy social and leisure opportunities.
- Organising a wide range of events for all ages – all of which are subsidised to make them accessible to our members and enable members to meet up in a fun and informal way.
- Organising regular workshops and conferences on all aspects of Down’s Syndrome for parents/carers and interested professionals.
- Publishing regular newsletters and monthly What’s on Where flyers with information, news, and ideas on all matters related to Down’s Syndrome.
- Offering parents advice and help on educational, health and social matters related to their child, including problems associated with allowances, benefits, and special needs provision.
- Establishing an annually elected committee which enables Down’s Syndrome North East to move forward and work for its members.